Thursday 28 July 2011

Random acts of kindness...

Years ago I found this bumper sticker (but with a black background),


When I read it, it hit me like bold of electricity and became a kind of mantra in my life. I put it on my old Westie and took it with me wherever I went. Eventually I had to let my Westie go, but I pulled off that sticker and put it on an old guitar case so that it's always kicking around somewhere. From time to time I find I forget the simple lesson of the bumper sticker, but inevitably life reminds me and I get re-centered. Be nice just because you can.  

A few months back I found this great organization called the Toy Society. It was created  in June 2008  in Australia. Over the last few years it has spread around the world and now has more than 3200 members. The goal of the organization is simple - to anonymously give away homemade toys. Beautiful thought eh?

"The Toy Society is about giving someone something and expecting absolutely nothing in return."

So in addition to making toys for the Kokobaru shop, I've been taking a bit of time to make a few little toys for the Toy Society. Today I did my first drop! It was SO exciting! I felt a bit like a spy or possibly a ninja. I was uber stealthy and I successfully left them in two different playgrounds, one under the slide and the other hanging from a tree. 

  I'll take a walk later to see if they've found new home's yet. It was a hot day, so I wouldn't be surprised if the parks didn't get a lot of action today. All that to say, it's fun and a surefire way to make somebody's day. If you're interested in joining you can check out their blog at:            www.thetoysociety.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment